Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Our weekend

Our weekend got off to a rough start on Friday. Ellen and I ventured to the mall with the girls and it turned out to be an adventure to say the least. Molly wasn't in a good mood to begin our trip and we decided to go to the food court first before we played or rode the carousel. Well Molly got sick in the middle of lunch all over herself and her lunch. Ellen had to go buy her more clothes. In the midst of this Maddie pinched her fingers in the buckle of the stroller. Well, she started crying and when she did a flood of green goop followed. After a very eventful lunch we went to the playground and literally before my eyes Maddie's eyes turned pink and were goopy. So we came right home with pink eye in both eyes. I started her on drops I had and when she woke up from her nap she looked like the picture below. I freaked out. I didn't know what was going on and our Dr.'s office had just closed. Anyway we waited it out and she is almost back to normal today. We also converted her crib to a toddler bed. So far so good. She took a nap without getting out today. We will see how it goes. She likes being able to get in it herself. We are one step closer to a big girl bed and crossing another thing off my list. The biggest event of the weekend is, we put up our house for sale. For those of you that don't know, we are looking to go to Charleston, SC. We want to be closer to the beach and we want to raise our kids in a place with a "small town" feel. This is a huge deal for us. We have been in this town for a long time (all of my life) and I usually have a hard time with change (Not to mention the fact we are having a baby in a few months). This is all assuming that we get the right amount for our house in a "down market." If not we will happily stay in Atlanta until our timing is right. I have been praying hard that God will put us where we need to be so I am actually quite calm about it all. We will keep everyone posted. Have a great week!


5 comments:

angie said...

poor baby!! i am glad she is feeling better :)

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, I am sorry to hear about your adventure to the mall and Maddie's eye.... And sad to hear you guys are moving :( I am sure you will not have a hard time selling your house, you have a beautiful home. Charleston is a wonderful place.

Kelly and Brent said...

OMG! I can't believe you guys are moving! How long have you been thinking about it? Charleston is a great place and I am sure you guys are going to love it. Keep us posted on everything and I hope Maddie is feeling better.

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

It was just a few short weeks ago that Ty had the same look one morning! Eye drops 4 times a day with a toddler...I will be praying for both of you to get thru the next week! Yeah about the house, I know you are excited! Love, Colin

rox said...

I know Kim and Chris would be PUMPED to have y'all so close!

Hope Madison is all better!