Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 23, 2008

Good practice

I had my doctor's appointment today. Thank goodness, no change, I am barely a 1 cm dilated but his head is REALLY low. My doctor said that we just have to keep taking it easy. We go back next Monday for an ultrasound and we will check again for any progress. Thank God for Nana and Daddy who have been wonderful. Nana survived last week and much to my surprise decided to help again this week (just kidding Nana). Nana does spoil Madison and we are having a hard time with her having a little attitude while Nana is here. Madison is really into Care Bears right now and we have started to call her Grumpy Bear when she acts up. The picture below is a great one with Grumpy Bear in her lap and that smug look she gives us these days.
Madison has been hilarious these days. She gets funnier everyday. This morning Mom was getting ready and Madison said she wanted to put on makeup like Nana. Well Mom turned around and she had put makeup on TJ, Mom's dog, doesn't she look beautiful? Poor TJ is so ready to go back home and get some peace and quiet.
On Saturday our friends Jenny, Tom, and Baby Griffin came over and brought us dinner, THANK YOU guys. Madison was thrilled to see Griffin. She wanted to do everything for him, push him in the swing, hold him, and help feed him. She did a great job. I can't wait to see her with Carter (well I can wait a couple of weeks).
Some Maddieisms from the last couple of weeks:
1. We were at Mom's house and my brother and his girlfriend Amber were leaving and instead of saying bye to her Madison says "Nice to meet you Amber".
2. The UGA baseball team is in the World Series, so the other night we made a big deal about the game being on (our lives are very boring these days). Brian, Maddie, and I all dressed up in our Georgia shirts and cooked a baseball meal, hot dogs, french fries, and ice cream. We were sitting in the living room eating and Madison was cheering , "GO DAWGS, SIC EM. GO BASEBALL. COME ON GEORGIA". It was too funny.
3. We have been talking a lot about Mommy and Daddy going to the hospital to get baby Carter out of my belly, so the other day she says "I go to the hoPSital with Nana and meet the real baby Carter. I will pet him and feed him and love him". How sweet!
4. Like I said earlier she is really into the Care Bears and we have been calling her Grumpy Bear the other day out of the blue she says "I Sweetie Bear and You Grumpy Bear" that might have been true that day.
5. We were up in her playroom and found a play camera that she hasn't played with for a while so she is taking our pictures and says "Smile, say cheeseburger, look at my head". She really does listen to everything that I say. I say all the time look at what is on Mommy's head to get her to look at the camera.
6. We have been talking about going to Disney World next year and I asked her if she wanted us to take Carter and she said "No, we have to leave Carter here so we can play". She might be a good big sister, but she is already smart about being the center of attention.
7. I was laying in bed yesterday and she was in Carter's room and I hear "oh my gosh, mommy" I got such a kick out of her saying that. Well I walking in there to find a real OH MY GOSH MADDIE, she had taken off her diaper and pooped on the floor.
Have a good week I hope that we have another uneventful one.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have your hands full with her!! what a character :)

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

So cute! all girl! glad you are doing well..take it easy..he will be here before you know it! love from Texas...Colin

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

So cute! all girl! glad you are doing well..take it easy..he will be here before you know it! love from Texas...Colin

Chantal said...

Too funny!! What a joy it is to read your blog! I can't beleive just a couple weeks to go!!

Miss you and keep us updated!!!

Chantal

Kelly and Brent said...

I just noticed that you only have 17 days...WOW!!! Hope you are hanging in there. Look forward to getting an update soon.

Miss you guys!

Kelly