Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What a rough start to the week


We are close to being safe in this pregnancy. They say 35 weeks is at LEAST where we want to be before having this baby and I will be 35 weeks tomorrow. I still do not want to have this baby yet and we got a little scare on Monday. Monday night around 5 I started having braxton hicks contractions that would not stop, even laying down, taking a bath, drinking etc. so we ended up going to the hospital and being admitted for the night. I was given a lot of IV fluids and they started me on medicine to stop the contractions. We got home about 3 yesterday afternoon. The doctor put me on bed rest for the rest of the week and continued me on the medicine (which by the way makes me feel terrible, like I am on speed). I go back to the doctor on Monday and we will go from there. I just need to make it a couple more weeks. I told the nurse that Carter is very active and not behaving, I hope this isn't an indication of what his personality is, wild and uncompliant (just like Brian)Just kidding, Bri). So we can use all the prayers that we can get for this little guy to stay in. Have a good week, I will be spending mine in the bed!
PS. Doesn't he look like he is going to fall out he is so low in this picture?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mandy,
I am so sorry to hear that about your contractions. Maybe staying in bed is just what you need. I know it must be hard with Madison, but hopefully you can get some help with her this week so you can rest. You definitely look like you are carrying Carter very low! Hopefully he will stick it out a little longer in your tummy. I will be thinking about you and praying Carter behaves for a little while longer :)

Kelly and Brent said...

Oh gosh! I am sorry to hear about the scare. Hopefully the medicine the doctor gave you will help. Make sure to listen to them and stay in bed. Do you have some help with Madison this week?

I feel like I am carrying Hailey really low but Carter is definitely low. You are right...he looks like he is going to fall out! Hopefully not too soon though.

Will say a little prayer for you that you make it a couple more weeks.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that shot of your belly...so beautiful!

i will definitely being praying for carter and for you! i can't believe that you are almost done...it feels like we just found out you were pregnant!

oh...and i know what you mean about that medicine. i had it when i went into pre-term with savannah. i really does make you feel like you are on speed. no fun at all :(

maybe carter will stop acting up and stay cozy for another couple of weeks!

Jenny Moore said...

We are praying that little Carter will be a healthy, happy full term baby. Hope to see you soon. Get plenty of rest!love, the moores