We are so blessed and excited to introduce our new addition, Carter Ellis. On Monday June 30th, we had a doctors appointment. We went to have an ultrasound to check his size just in case I went into labor to see what we would be dealing with. The doctor was going to check me again. We were scheduled to have a csection on July 14th. Well we got to the doctor's and had our ultrasound he was measuring 8lbs 15oz and I was only 37 weeks. The ultrasound tech was stunned. We could not go into labor with him, I would have definitely had the same damage to my leg and if he got any bigger I might not have been able to deliver him. Any way my amniotic fluid was low, so the doctor wanted to do a non stress test to make sure he was okay. About an hour into the test I started to have contractions, regular ones. The doctor was convinced I was in the early stages of labor, so she sent us to the hospital to be monitored. By time we checked in and I was hooked up I was having regular contractions every 2 minutes. The nurse came in about 30 min after we were there and said you are having a section at 6pm. Brian and I were in shock, we definitely didn't think when we woke up that morning that we would be having him that day. He was born at 7:03 pm and weighed 8lbs, 5oz and was 21 inches long. He would have been over 10lbs if we had went to my due date. We are doing great, the second time around is so much more enjoyable. We feel like we know what we are doing and Madison is so good with him. She calls him her little itty bitty buddy. She kisses and pets him. I am doing well just in some discomfort from the surgery. Carter is amazing, I am not getting too excited but he hardly cries and is just so sweet. Sorry again that it has taken this long to post. We have a lot more pics to post but enjoy these for now.
Friday, July 04, 2008
Welcome Carter Ellis
We are so blessed and excited to introduce our new addition, Carter Ellis. On Monday June 30th, we had a doctors appointment. We went to have an ultrasound to check his size just in case I went into labor to see what we would be dealing with. The doctor was going to check me again. We were scheduled to have a csection on July 14th. Well we got to the doctor's and had our ultrasound he was measuring 8lbs 15oz and I was only 37 weeks. The ultrasound tech was stunned. We could not go into labor with him, I would have definitely had the same damage to my leg and if he got any bigger I might not have been able to deliver him. Any way my amniotic fluid was low, so the doctor wanted to do a non stress test to make sure he was okay. About an hour into the test I started to have contractions, regular ones. The doctor was convinced I was in the early stages of labor, so she sent us to the hospital to be monitored. By time we checked in and I was hooked up I was having regular contractions every 2 minutes. The nurse came in about 30 min after we were there and said you are having a section at 6pm. Brian and I were in shock, we definitely didn't think when we woke up that morning that we would be having him that day. He was born at 7:03 pm and weighed 8lbs, 5oz and was 21 inches long. He would have been over 10lbs if we had went to my due date. We are doing great, the second time around is so much more enjoyable. We feel like we know what we are doing and Madison is so good with him. She calls him her little itty bitty buddy. She kisses and pets him. I am doing well just in some discomfort from the surgery. Carter is amazing, I am not getting too excited but he hardly cries and is just so sweet. Sorry again that it has taken this long to post. We have a lot more pics to post but enjoy these for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Hey Guys,
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Carter is just precious. And I absolutely love all the sweet pictures of Madison with Carter, she is going to be the best big sister!
Mandy, so glad you are doing well. I know Mr. Carter made an early appearance but so thankful you didn't have the difficulties you had with Madison.
Hope you get some rest & Happy 4th of July!
Can't wait to see more pics :)
~Jennifer
Congratulations! He is precious! Looking forward to more pictures from home!
Lisa Veil
that brought tears. I can;t wait to meet him! i especially love the pictures of Madison meeting her little bro - she is going to be great
Yeah for baby Carter! You all look great! I am so glad to hear you all is going well!!! We can't wait to meet him. Thanks for all the pictures and Maddie already looks like she is a great big sis! You will be amazed at how much she helps you!!! Love and good night..Colin
We are soooo happy for all 4 of you! He is beautiful and we can't wait to see more photos!! What a blessing! Glad to hear you are recovering. Be patient and don't rush into doing too much. It takes a while!!
Finally, Evan will have a boy to get into trouble with!!
Miss you guys and see you soon!!
Congratulations to your new addition! Carter is adorable and I am so happy that went well with your c-section. I am sure you are happy that he wasn't a 10 pounder! :) So neat how close he was with Madison's stats when she was born.
Love all the pictures! Thanks for sharing and I know Madison is going to be a wonderful big sister.
Take care of yourself and enjoy every minute of this time with your little one. Can't wait to hear updates soon.
Happy belated 4th of July!
he is beautiful mandy! congrats!!!
you guys got some amazing pictures of the delivery! i especially love the one of brian and carter in the OR with you on the table in the background...great shot! i also LOVE the one with you on the bed with maddie sitting next to you and she is peeking around and touching carter...serious tears to me eyes!!
hope all is going well and that you are all getting some rest. can't wait to meet the little man!
love you all!
Congrats Mandy, Brian, and Madison!!!!! We can't wait to meet Carter! Pops and Grandma have had a lot of newborn practice lately:-)We love you,
Melissa and Thomas
Wow..what a wonderful video! We are so excited about little Carter! I am so glad we got to visit! See you guys this week!love the Moes
Congratulations!!! Carter is so cute and I cannot wait to meet him! love ya, Jacki
Post a Comment