Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 03, 2008

I survived!

I survived my first week alone with TWO kids. We had a very long week but I am not in an insane asylum which is a good thing. I realized that I need 18 hands. Carter found his lungs and cried more this week than he has his whole life, because I was trying to juggle both of them at the same time. Madison has done her fair share of crying and coincidentally it was at the same time as Carter, maybe to test my patience or to see how fast I would start crying too! By the end of the week it started to get better and I know in the coming weeks I will get it together. Madison is still doing great with him. She is continuing to test her boundaries especially when I am tied up with him, which I think is normal. We will see how next week goes, wish me luck!
A couple of Maddieisms:
1. I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween. She said "Dora" and I asked her what Carter should be and she said "Boots" (she used the funniest tone like 'duh Mom' what a silly question.
2. I tell her a lot to get away from the swing while Carter is in it. The other day she was messing with him and I walked up to move her and she put her hands out and said "Back up Mommy, Back it up".
3. Today we were in the car and Carter started crying. Maddie says "Little Buddy, stop crying, stop crying" and then yells "bam it". I think she was saying "Da-- it". I was trying so hard to tell her that that was a bad word and we don't say that word, but I couldn't get my composure. Brian was laughing so hard I couldn't make a straight face. Needless to say she was very confused at being disciplined while we were hysterically laughing. Great parenting, huh?



5 comments:

Kelly and Brent said...

Glad you made it through the week...I was thinking about you. I am sure it will get easier! And holy cow with the third Maddieism! I can just imagine what my Maddie may say soon...yikes!

Love the picture of the three of you...very sweet!

Hope the upcoming week goes a little smoother for you. Before you know you will be a pro!

Anonymous said...

sorry you had such a rough week, mandy! two kiddos is very stressful, but twice as rewarding!

hope you get in the swing of things quickly! it will get easier every day :)

Mitchell Fab Four said...

Don't worry , Mandy--Lauren said the same thing at about the same age. I dropped the highchair tray on the floor and she said "d*** it"!! I could've died!! I told her we don't say that, d*** it is ugly. Well, she already knew that saying stupid was ugly because of watching Charlie Brown and Linus with the "stupid blanket". Then she walked around saying "Stupid is ugly. D*** it is ugly too" It was so hard not to laugh!!!

I'm glad you made it through the first week--the kids are beautiful and trust me--it gets easier!!!

Rebekah

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

YEah for the first week! that is the first step:) How is week 2 going??? I miss you! Love, Colin

Katie Keel said...

Hi mandy!
I really love your post. The pictures are great and bam-it..so funny. Miss you!