Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Week 2



I think that my boys look just a like in this picture
Week #2....interesting. Brian decided to give me a run for my money on week 2. He went out of town for business. Luckily Nana came over yesterday to help, thanks again Nana. She kept Carter while Maddie and I went on a field trip to the fire station with our playgroup. It was very interesting and Madison's favorite part was the pamphlet they gave us about fire safety.
Ever since Carter has been born we have called him squeaker, he makes a squeaky noise when he is eating and sometimes when he eats and when he is upset. It seemed to be getting worse and I had 3 different people comment on it this past week, so I took him to the pediatrician yesterday. They sent me to an ENT today. The poor little guy had to be scoped and he has laryngomalacia (or a floppy airway to keep it simple). He should grow out of it by 12-24 months but we have to watch his respiratory status very closely. Only severe cases have to have surgery and only time will tell for us. It gets the worse from 2-6 months. He will have to be followed by the ENT to make sure he isn't in any respiratory distress and to make sure he is eating well and thriving. I would say that he is for now. He is 5 weeks and was 11 lbs 4 oz today, which is more than Maddie was at her 2 month appt. Please say a little prayer for our little Buddy, squeaker.
Well Madison has been her usual funny self. Some Maddieisms for the week.
1. This morning I went into her room and she was picking her nose, I told her that we didn't do that and we use tissues. She said she had a booger and it was a circle, so when I gave her a tissue for her booger, she blew out a rubber band from her nose. Oh no has putting things up your nose already started?
2. I am nursing Carter and Madison looks and asks questions but it doesn't seem to phase her. Yesterday we were in the car and she said "When Carter gets out of MY tummy he is going to eat milk from my boobies" Oh boy. Then on the way home she proceeds to pretend she is breastfeeding her stuffed animal. She then says "okay lets switch sides". What do you say to that?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

OMG Mandy, you have your hands full with Madison. I guess they do pay more attention to what we are doing then we think :)

I am sorry to hear about Carter, but hopefully it will not become severe and he will just outgrow it. We are thinking of the little guy :)

Love,
Jennifer

Kelly and Brent said...

Poor Carter! That doesn't sound like fun. Glad you got him checked out and they are going to monitor him closely. Hopefully he does just grow out of it.

The Maddieisms crack me up! So funny what she is saying and what tshe is learning. At least she didn't talk about her boobies in public and screamed that she needed to switch sides! The best part is I am sure she keeps you guys laughing!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

I love it! Has she started lifting her shirt up yet? Tyler was such a hoot during the whole nursing period..wait til you have to use the good ole' pump...even better stories to come...Miss you and love the pic of Brian and Carter...looks like good sleep:) Colin

mandy welch said...

love the picture of the boys snoozing and of course miss maddie always melts my heart - tell her aunt mandy loves her and we need to have a big girl date, and give kiss's to carter - we are praying for him

Emerson and Brooks said...

I cannot get over Madison's comments. She is so funny and she knows what is going on. Smart lil thing! We are praying for Carter- he will be fine, just keep an eye on him. Love you!

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

I was just searching photographers in Dallas and came across a great website you may want to peak at and try with Carter...you are very gifted...www.dianahall.com. Love, COlin