We had Carter's one week check up and he is 8lbs 8oz and 22 inches long which is in the 93%. The doctor was very impressed at his eating habits. He is already taking down around 4oz of milk. He is already a big eater which we aren't use to with Maddie.
We were able to be home for the 4th. I wasn't really up for the festivities but Brian took Madison to the neighborhood cookout and to see the fireworks. He also had a mini fireworks show in our backyard so that I could enjoy them. Grandma and Pops were able to help us out last week with Madison. We enjoyed spending another
4th with them. Nana also came over for our cookout. She has been here all week helping out. We are so lucky to have such wonderful family. Thank you to our parents. They are truly amazing.
As you can see in some of the pics Madison wants to include Carter in everything. She shares her care bears and wants to hold him and last night she asked if I would read to them. Brian is also loving having a son (other than the diaper changes, which are very difficult for us, there is a lot more stuff down there to deal with). While I was on bed rest, Brian's favorite motto was "I am one Man" I can't do it all. He of course was kidding (I think) but it became a joke to us. So I made him this shirt for a present when Carter was born, I also made Carter one knowing that Brian will probably teach him this just to aggravate me.
As always I have been taking pictures like crazy. Madison got a book from Derek and Chenin about being the big sis and she pretends to read it. There is a picture of the mom taking a picture of the kids. She reads "No mommy, no more pictures". Do you think she will need therapy later on from all my picture taking?
Have a great week!



10 comments:
Those pictures are great! I hope Carter continues to be a little angel for you!
Ellen
Mandy,
I am so glad to hear things are going well with Carter and with Madison as a big sister. I love all the pictures, they are just too cute! Hope everything continues to go smoothly!
I had chills watching the slide show!!! I am so happy for you all!!! What a blessing Carter is!!! He's beautiful!! I'm not surprised of course!! Looks like Maddie has fallen in love with him too!! We can't wait to meet your angel!! Love to you all!!!
Mandy he's just beautiful!! Isn't it amazing how big Maddie looks now? I never realized how big Lauren was getting until we brought Andrew home. Hope you guys are enjoying every minute!! God has truly blessed you.
Rebekah
I love all the pictures and the update. The shirts are a hoot! Brent definitely got a kick out of them :)
I am so glad Madison is doing so well and that she is helping out so much. I only hope my Maddie is half as good as yours when Hailey arrives. I am VERY nervous!!! We are trying to really work on gentle but not really getting the concept. Time will only tell.
Enjoy this time with Carter. And try to get as much rest as possible while you have family around.
Miss you guys!
He's so cute! Love the Care Bears picture!
Lisa
i am so glad everything is going so well and that carter is such a good baby.
carter is such a cutie...i love the last picture of him and maddie. also, in that first picture, you seriously look like you are 15 (not the mother of 2 children)!!
love you all!
Hey Mandy! I am stealing some pics from your blog to introduce Carter on ours. Give me the weekend to do it. Glad you are doing well. We can't wait to give Carter a hug and kiss. Love- Kim
So sweet...I love all the new pictures and no worries..you are going to love every minute of having 2! and boys adore their mommies! Congrats again, I will call you this weekend...Love, Colin
Happy 2 week Birthday Carter!
Post a Comment