A year ago, June 30th 2008, Brian and I headed to our weekly Doctor's visit for an ultrasound. For a weight check to be exact, three weeks before we thought we would be having a baby. After the news that our little guy was almost 9lbs and would be well over 10 if I were to go to our due date. The shock of the news of the humongous baby threw my body into labor and that night at 7:03pm, we were blessed with our beautiful baby boy.
Everyone had told me that having a boy was very different than a girl and they were right. We are so lucky to experience having a daughter and a son. They are different in so many ways and I know they will continue to surprise me in the different challenges that they will present to us. Carter is much more loving and affectionate and dependent than Madison was at this age. He is a ham and continues to make us laugh. He is trouble with a capital T. Madison wasn't nearly as adventurous and mischievous as he is. We have our hands full with our adventurer. He is a climber. I didn't have to worry about anything like this with Madison. He is so sticking cute! He would let me hold him and cuddle him all day if I could. For the most part he is really easy going. He is starting to take more of a stand for himself, especially around his sister.
I always wondered how I could love a child as much as I love Madison. It is amazing how your love just grows. I love this little boy and just looking at him and his cute little smile lights up my life. I am so blessed.
I wish I could slow down how fast he is growing. Madison's first year did not go by nearly as fast as this one has. I feel like I just had Carter yesterday. I guess life just continues to get busier. That is why it is even more important to take everything in and enjoy the good days and the bad.
Happy birthday little buddy. My little squeaker. We love you.



1 comment:
i know! it is SCARY how time just speeds up with each kid. i long for the long days when the days just dragged on and we had to TRY to find something to do. i am acutally having a really hard time with this right now...i mean, my baby is going to KINDERGARTEN in a few weeks!!
good to know that someone is feeling the same way.
can't believe it has already been a year!!
Post a Comment