I just realized a month has gone by since my last post. I am so sorry. We have been busy. Brian and I went to a wedding in Virgina and Madison and Carter had their first trip to Grandma and Pops by themselves. They had a great time, but were glad to see Mommy and Daddy when they got home. Thanks Grandma and Pops, we can't wait to see you soon. The rest of our days have been spent playing in the pool. We went to our friends Bella and Cole's pool last week and I finally brought my camera. Here are some cute pics.
Carter is growing like a weed. He is also very mobile and very frustrated that he can't be more mobile. He is getting into EVERYTHING! He knows the word no and when I stop and say it he yells back at me. He wants to walk so bad and he can't. He wants us to hold his hands and walk with him everywhere. It is exhausting. I believe this is the hardest stage yet with him. He wants to keep up with Madison and just isn't there yet. He has started to point at things and grunt when he wants something, so he is starting to communicate with us, which is great. My days are very exhausting because he crawls around following me around saying "Mama, Mama" and tries to climb up my leg for me to help him walk. He is saying Dada and he has said Music (although Ellen is the only one that can get him to say it). He has a favorite book and when I say the first line of the book he will crawl into his room and pick out the book out of a stack. Madison did this, but I don't think that it was this early. He is getting his top two teeth and they are taking forever to come down. He has been more upset in the last 2 months than he has entire life. I think the progress of him being frustrated about communicating with us has something to do with it as well.
Madison is her normal crazy self, so sweet one minute and giving us attitude the next. She is also a challenge in itself on a daily basis. She is loving the baby pool and it is nice that she can play by herself. We are still getting use to the big pool. Hopefully she will conquer some of her fears of the "deep water". She is very much wanting to be a "big" girl. She is so cute lately, she wants to dress like me or wear the same flip-flops or jewelry. I am enjoying it, I know this is short lived and one day she won't even want me around. Her imagination grows bigger everyday. The picture with the baby towel on her head.... she was having a date with Hudson our cat and she had her "sweatshirt" on. She was feeding him imaginary food and carrying on a perfectly good conversation. She has been very interested in weddings lately. She pretends she is getting married and she says "Mommy, I am going to walk down the island". Too funny.
So with our lives being so busy, I have decided to add another element to this craziness. I am going back to work 2 days a week. I am thrilled. I think that it will be good for me to use my brain for other things than trying to be out smarted by Madison or what obstacle course can I come up with to keep Carter from eating the dog food. I also think that it will help me be a better mom. I start in two weeks. I will keep everyone updated!
Poor Carter.....







4 comments:
You guys have been busy!!! Glad to see things are going well -- I feel your pain with the exhaustion. We are crawling yet but trying to keep Maddie from using Hailey has a hurdle is taking a toll on me ;).
Good luck with work...I am sure you are going to enjoy it! Are you going to be working nights? I would love to see you guys when I come in town in a couple of weeks.
I am sitting here reading your post and your life with the kids sounds so much like Kelly's :) But I am glad you guys are having a great time. And I think it is great you are going to go back to work for a couple of days a week. I am sure you are going to enjoy the break and it will help you enjoy the days you are home with the kids even more.
Love the pics! I can't get over how big the kids have gotten. I feel like it has been forever since we have seen you guys (well, I guess it has...)
wow!! carter has gotten SO big!! so glad to get an update...i have missed seeing those faces :)
hey!! we are having a cookout on the 3rd if you guys can make it!
max and the wardrops will be in town! we would love to see you guys!
Post a Comment