We had Carter's head appointment today to have him check for his flat head. Unfortunately we got the news that he needs a helmet. Brian and I were in shock, I don't think we really thought it was as bad as it is. He is a level 4 out of 5 in severity with 5 being the worse. Most of the time a helmet is used for cosmetic purposes, well Carter needs one for medical reasons. His skull is shifting asymmetrically. I burst out in tears at the doctors. We have had such a bad couple of weeks with both of them being sick, this was a blow. The worst part is he has to be in it for 23 hours a day for 3-5 months. To make matters worse, I had to take him back to the regular pediatrician right after that appointment for wheezing. On top of all of his other illnesses he has bronchiolitis. He has to have breathing treatments until his cough gets better.
I am trying to be positive about all of this. I feel bad for even being down about it all, it could be so much worse. At least these are acute things that can be fixed. Thank you God for all of our blessings. Now, I just need some sleep and maybe I will find some sanity! Good night.



6 comments:
oh, i am so sorry mandy!! you have been having such a rough time.
but, you are right. these are all minor things that can be fixed...plus, he will look really cute with a helmet and that smile!!
Hey Mandy,
I am so sorry for everything you have been going through these past couple of weeks. Kel, has been keeping me posted since she has talked to you. I am glad you guys have had eachother to talk to about everything. I know it stinks Carter is getting a helmet, but at least you know it will help with the shape of his head as well as the brain. Carter will look super cute in his helmet! I think little boys are precious in them, I have known several people in Charlotte whose kids had to get helmets.... I know this probably doesn't make you feel better but it is a good thing you guys went to get it all check out now instead of it being too late to get help!
I hope you have a better weekend and that Carter and your entire family begins to get healthy!
Mandy, hang in there! I am sorry its been a rough few weeks! My girlfriend here is at her son's helmet/"band" appointment right now and then she is taking it straight to the store to get it all glitzed up with fun painting all over it. I am coming home tomorrow..and be home thru Dec 6th. I would love to come visit you and help with the kiddos:) I will bring lunch and you can take a nap:))) See you soon..Love, COlin
Hang in there Girl! I feel your pain. It was great talking to you about your issues, it seems like we are on the same page. I am sorry to hear about Carter and the helmet but I think we are going to be right there with you in about two months. Like you said, you would rather get it down, suck up the huge expense, so that there aren't more serious issues down the road. Can't wait to see pics of Carter in his adorable helmet. The ones here are camo for the boys and pink camo for the girls! :) Let me know if you need anything.
Hope you have a wonderful and RELAXING weekend. Have Brian watch the kiddos so you can get some sleep or at least go out for a little bit kiddo free! :)
Mandy- I am so sorry everyone has been sick at your house. I know it is so hard when the kids feel bad. I pray Carter's head will hurry and get better. Hopefully, this week will be much better. We missed you guys in Knoxville this weekend. We will need together soon.
Mandy and Brian,
We are thinking of you and the kids! What a rollercoaster...our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Evan has the wheezing croup thing everytime he gets sick. He has a nebulizer for it and it helps tremendously! They first had him on Albuterol syrup until this summer when we got the machine. It's not fun, but we play & make it as fun as we can. He's now old enough to feel like a big boy and watch tv with it.
Hang in there!!!
Post a Comment