Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Carter and Emerson's Baptism

Last weekend we had the honor of baptizing Carter. We shared this wonderful day with our niece Emerson. Carter and Emerson had a duel baptism in Charleston. We were so fortunate to have all of our wonderful family and friends come into town to join us. We had a great weekend with a low country boil on Saturday and a luncheon after the baptism on Sunday. Thank you to Kim and Chris for hosting us, your house is beautiful and everything was great. Thank you to Mandy and Brian Welch for being Carter's Godparents.
After a very fun and tiring weekend, we headed home on Monday. By the time we got home on Monday night, Madison had a fever and I had to rush Carter to the after hours care for croup. He is especially vulnerable for airway obstruction with his floppy airway, so I didn't waste any time. They gave him a steroid and we went home. On Tuesday, I took them both back to the doctor, Carter with a cold and Madison with strep throat! ugh! So we have been contained all week. They both seem to be a little better, but still nasty noses and coughs. I guess if they aren't better we will be heading back to the doctor next week. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What great pictures! It is so neat that you were able to have Carter and Emerson baptized together. They are going to be such best friends... And I love the picture of them on the cake, too cute!

Sorry to hear the kids are sick. I feel for you with the croup, glad you caught it early. Ansley had croup this time when 2 last year, it was awful but that steroid is GREAT! Hopefully the kids will begin to start feeling better so you can get out of the house and no more doctor visits.