Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Jenny's shower and Connor's first trip

We hosted a baby shower for Jenny. We also hosted Baby Connor, Mandy, and Brian for Connor's first road trip. He did great, he is such a wonderful baby. Madison loves him. I can't wait for her to have her own baby sister or brother. She helped pat his back to burp him and helped hold his bottle while we fed him. She never left his side. Too cute.
Jenny's shower was a great success and she got everything she needed. Everything was going great. Everyone was enjoying the company and their food. Until.... we ran out of champagne for the mimosas. My sweet husband ran to the store for the second time that morning. He came back and popped open a bottle and BOOM, the champagne went all over the kitchen and only one of the guest. Seconds later I look over BOOM, Brian Welch had picked up another bottle and it exploded. This time we weren't as lucky. A 12 foot geyser went all over the kitchen ceiling, light fixtures, hit the couch and the people on it. I was mortified, the bottles were all defective. Well at least their was some excitement. The rest of the shower was lovely, Jenny is a glowing Mommy and we can't wait to meet baby Moore!


1 comment:

Bryan and Aimee said...

Mandy,
You are getting more and more beautiful PREGNANT! I'm so glad I'll be able to see you pregnant this time!! This time it will fly by with Maddie being so busy, or you being so busy with Maddie! :)
Love you!