Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 28, 2008

Addie's Birthday Party

We had another restful weekend this weekend, Yea!!! Nana kept Maddie on Friday night and Brian and I had a lovely date night. We went to dinner and a movie. What a treat, Thanks Nana. On Saturday we went to our friend Addie's birthday party. Angie and Joey did a great job. Addie loves dogs and she had a doggie party. There were little stations set up like a pet shop and a pet salon, and a pet doctor. It was too cute. The cutest was the dog ears that all the kids wore. I was surprised Maddie kept hers on long enough for us to take a couple of quick pictures. We had a great time. On Sunday, we went to Monkey Joes with the Kemmerlins and then to lunch. Daddy and Maddie were worn out by time we got home.
The best part of the weekend was one of our biggest accomplishments. WE GAVE UP THE PACIFIER!!!! On Saturday, at naptime, I cut the ends off of the paci. I gave it to Maddie and she said "Mommy, it's broken". I told her we had to make the paci the right size for baby Aidan. Once they were cut she didn't want them anymore. On Sunday we wrapped them up in a present and she took them to baby Aidan. She asked for them at night and I asked her what happened to them and she told me she "gave them to baby Aidan and he was so excited". She also said "Chenin so excited and Derek so excited" (Aidan's parents). I told her I was the most excited. We have three things to do before the baby comes, give up paci, move her to a big girl bed, and potty train. One down two to go!!!!
Some Maddieisms:
1. The other day we were in the store and I told her she could get out of the cart if she stayed on the aisle with me. Well as soon as she got down, she starts walking off. I said "where are you going?". She said "Mommy, I go to teetee in the potty, I be right back, okay". We have not yet teeteed in the potty.
2. When she wants to get out of her crib in the morning she says "Mommy/Daddy I get out, come here"
3. She tells her babies "I change your diaper real quick, okay".
She is a real ham!
Have a great week.


1 comment:

angie said...

it was so great to see you all! thanks for the cute *PINK* backpack and ALL the lipgloss :)