Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Kidstown

Every year Madison's school does this thing called Kidstown. They set up a bunch of stations in the gym. There is a clothing store, a grocery store, a bakery, a music store, a library, hair and nail salon, a cafe and a bakery. We were in charge of the animal clinic. It was so cute, the kids just run from station to station playing. When Maddie's class came in I hid behind the table to watch her without her knowing that I was there. It is so funny how analytical she is. All the other kids burst through the door and started playing, while Maddie stood back takin it all in. She is so much like me, she thinks real hard about things before she acts. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad.
A couple of Maddieisms:
1. "Uh Oh Sgetti Ohs". When something falls or she drops something.
2. She is facinated with wiping her nose and says yucky boogers when she does it. The other day we were in target and she actually got a "yucky booger" and held it up and showed me. She then preceeded to tell the man that was standing next to us "hey (and waved) see yucky booger (and held out her tissue)". Luckily I don't think he understood her.
3. We bought her a Dora potty chair. She is so interested in the potty. I stripped her down and she sat on the potty. Of course she didn't do anything into the potty, but she got up, got some toilet paper, sat back down on the potty and wiped herself. I was shocked.







No comments: