We had the pleasure of a visit from Grandma and Pops this weekend. We hung out and went to the lake and the pool. Madison had a great time with them. She loves the individual attention.

Carter was also very glad to see them. It is amazing how much Carter loves the water. He loves to be thrown up and down. He loves to "jump" off the side and go under the water. It is so funny how different the two of them are. Madison has never like to go under water. I have to say that she has become the little fish. A few weeks ago we couldn't get her in the water and now it is hard to get her out. She even started jumping from the side of the pool into the water. I didn't think I would see that this summer!



Like the hand prints? My windows are disgusting and I have come to terms with the fact that my house will never be clean again. No matter how much I clean, I have little hand prints everywhere. Brian just laid down sod in our backyard. It looks great and we love that we can finally play outside. Brian has been watering the yard every night and Carter stands at the window and yells DADA DADA.

This is our typical Gus. He is constantly "plugged in" (as Pops says). He grabs his other ear. Any time he gets upset he will cry for a second and then soothes himself with his thumb. This might be harder to get rid of than Madison's paci.

I love this picture. Madison has really turned a corner as she is approaching 4. She still has her moments of testing me and disobeying, but they have become few and far between. She is our sweet girl again (most of the time). She is constantly telling me (and Brian, Carter, Nana, Grandma, Pops, etc) how much she loves us. She says that "I am the best mom and the world and we have to be best friends forever, promise". She has become much more loving to Carter and they have actually started to play together. Don't get me wrong, he still cries out when she is getting on his nerves and I still hear that cry a lot, but it is a lot better. She tries so hard to make him laugh and it is so cute when she succeeds.

Madison is defiantly getting the hang of what is right and wrong. The privilege system is working great and she is starting to understand the consequences of her actions. She is a smart girl and I can't believe how much she is growing up! Some Maddieisms from the last few weeks:
1. She told Brian today "I defiantly don't want to have another baby. They are so messy and I am constantly cleaning up after him".
2. We went to Moes the other day and the cashier had a lip ring. She kept staring at him and I knew what was coming. She blurts out, "Mommy, what is on his face?". When we got to the car I told her that some people had earrings in other parts of their body. I said "like their lips or nose". She said "Oh. That is disgusting. If they have a booger, how do they get it out?".
3. Madison and Brian were talking about how if you don't take a nap you can get grouchy and be a bad girl. He asked if she had been a good girl today and if she had taken a nap. She said "no, but Mommy did". Brian said "Mommy shouldn't be taking naps". She said "Daddy, you are exactly right. That is what I've been saying". (By the way she was laying down with me and was supposed to be taking a nap).
4. The other day Madison came out and told Brian and I that she was "Pregmint". We asked her how that happened and she said "It happened while I was eating my snack". Oh boy, this girl will be shocked one day when she finds out the truth.

Carter is actually starting to communicate with us. He isn't talking, but I know what he wants most of the time. He has started to shake his head no when he doesn't want something or doesn't want to do something. He points and yells at the things he wants. He actually responds to a lot of our questions. He is not any closer to walking. I think we are going backwards in our progress. He is such a cuddle bug he wants us to hold him all of the time. He doesn't show any interest in walking these days. He is so affectionate. He is so different than Madison was. She was sweet and affectionate, but not like him. He would rather sit in my lap than play. It is sweet, but exhausting. I am not complaining, I love all of the love.

Again, my house is a disaster. This is Carter into everything. Every drawer the kiddo can find all the contents of the drawer are out within 15 seconds. Last week I was putting away clothes in Carter's room and went into the laundry room. Madison ran in and said Mommy come see what Carter is doing. I was gone 30 seconds and he had completely emptied his dresser.

All I can say, I love these cuties. I am so lucky. Have a great week.
5 comments:
So cute! Sounds like it has been a fun filled summer to say the least for you guys :) I always love the new Maddiesm's, she literally cracks me up!!! And carter, WOW, he is growing like a weed.
Glad to hear everything is going well with you guys!
so glad to hear an update!! you kiddos are too precious and maddie just cracks me up...she sounds like quite the character!
I love those little munchkins!! I miss them and you so much! great pictures as usual!
You guys have been so busy! Looked like a fun weekend. We will see you all in two weeks!
Sounds like you definitely have a BOY in the house!! Love the update...miss you bunches, how is your job going??
Post a Comment