Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Madison's Christmas Program










We had Madison's first concert at school this week. I was nervous to see what performance she would put on, I thought that there would definitely be tears and wanting us to come get her. I have been asking for the past couple of weeks if she had been practicing at school for her program and if we needed to practice at home. She would always say no and would not sing any songs for us. When the time came for her to perform she walked out and was front and center of all of the kids. She looked terrified, I thought, Oh boy here we go and all of a sudden she burst out in song and participated in the hand motions. I was shocked because she hasn't done any of this at home. I was so proud of her. What a cool feeling to see her accomplish something, even so small. She amazes me everyday. I love her so much. Afterwards, we had a party in her class with a craft and a gift exchange. She enjoyed us (Brian, Carter, and Nana) being there on a school day.
A Maddieism for the week:
We love sushi and Madison has started to really take to it, none of the hard stuff, just California Rolls. She will eat almost a whole roll by herself (8 pieces). This is a big deal because she doesn't eat a lot of anything. We went to sushi last week and over the weekend she asked for it. On Monday Brian wasn't feeling well so we got him soup and the girls got sushi, she was thrilled. Brian proceeded to inform her that sushi was a special treat because it was expensive. Tonight I was cooking dinner and she said "I know what I want for dinner". I said "yeah, chicken casserole, which is what I am making". She said "No I want sushi". Brian said "No it is too expensive it is a special treat". She said "No Dad, I want sushi. I will order it, but I don't have money. Dad you can't tell me No, we are friends. Good friends". Brian and I were both on the floor dying laughing. She gave a convincing argument, but we had chicken casserole any way. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That Maddiesm is great! I think that is my favorite of all of them :)