Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Introducing our future UGA football player


Carter got his helmet this past week. He is doing well with it. I just love him so much..... he is such a laid back guy he isn't phased by much. We are gradually getting up to 23 hours a day to make sure he doesn't have any skin break down and he can get use to it. He started taking naps in it yesterday and has slept great. Tonight will be his first night wearing it, I am crossing my fingers that it will be successful and he will continue to sleep through the night now that he is sleeping for 12 hours (I finally feel normal, I will be devestated if we mess it up). Madison hasn't been phased by it either. She came home and he was in the helmet and she said "Ahh buddy, you look so adorable". How funny. We did get our first coment at the mall, which I think was one of the things that worried me about getting this thing. A lady asked if I was scared he was going to hit his head and hurt himself...... you can imagine the sarcastic smile I gave and what I was thinking. I took the time to explain about a flat head, I am sure I will get to the point where I smile and say yep that is what it is for.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh Carter looks so cute in his helmet! Hopefully you will not get too many comments, the woman who said that must not have young children. I feel like so many people these days have kids who have to wear a helmet. Thankfully it isn't for too long and you will just have pictures to remember it by :)