Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A trip to the Mountains

Last weekend Daddy headed off to the Rockies and us to the Smokies. Brian went to visit Aunt Kaitlin in Arizona to cheer on the dawgs. We went with Nana, Jase, and Amber to Pigeon Forge. We had a great time, the trip was packed full and we could have stayed longer. On Friday night we met Brian, Mandy, and Connor for dinner at Connors (Mandy's family's restaurant). It was so good to see them, Connor is so cute. On Saturday, we did a lot of shopping and we went to a zoo. The place we stayed had a mini water park indoors and out so we had a chance to do a lot of swimming. I am glad because Maddie got her summer cut short after Carter was born. On the way home we drove through Gatlinburg and went to the candy store and a little kiddie carnival. Madison was of course in heaven. I was worried about her potty training, but she did great. She used public restrooms everywhere we went and didn't have one accident. I am so proud of her. Carter was good as usual. He just went a long with everything we did. I am still trying to get him on a better nap schedule. It is so hard, with as much as we go and he wants to stay up and see everything. Night time is the same, he is still waking up once a night and about every 3 or 4th night he will sleep until 6. We have started putting him to bed about 8, so it is nice to have a couple of hours of me and Brian time (even though we have been so exhausted lately, we have been in bed close after they go to bed). The weather has been so nice the last couple of days, I am getting excited about fall. I hope everyone is enjoying it!








3 comments:

Jennifer said...

cute pics! Glad you guys had a great time in the mountains. I am loving this cool weather!

Kelly and Brent said...

You are brave to take the kiddos with you and let Brian enjoy a weekend away with no kids :) Glad you had your family with you to lend a helping hand.

Love the pictures, especially the one of you with Madison and Carter.

mandy welch said...

It looks like you guys had a great rest of the trip - We loved seeing you and are looking forward to this weekend!