Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Is it hot enough?

Has it been hot enough? Hopefully it will cool down soon. We have had a hard time staying inside the last few days. We went to Monkey Joes on Friday and had a great time with the Hamrick girls. Madison enjoyed the jumpers much more this time. She wanted me to take her into all of the big ones. She thinks she is a big girl and I hate to say that she is getting so big. We put a stool in our bathroom so she can wash her hands, she enjoys playing in the water more than getting her hands clean. Today we were outside watching Brian cut down a tree and we walked around the house and Madison went up to the faucet, so I turned it on. At first, she called for Annie to come and drink the water and then she ducked her head right into the water and tried to drink it herself. She was soaked. I couldn't help but stand there and laugh, I know it probably isn't the cleanest thing to let her do but it was so funny. Brian finally got me my mother's day present, my new best friend. The Roomba vacuum, it is a robot cleaner and I turn it on and it vacuums the house. I love it and so does Maddie. She calls it the beep beep and she follows it around the house. It has become entertainment for her and the animals. She is also starting to say, "I need blank Mama" and every time I ask her something she says "no" and I will say "why" and she says "why Mama". I think I am creating a monster. We have been trying to give the paci up slowly. She is only allowed it at bedtime or naps, so in the morning we put paci "night night". If it is too close to the rail she can reach in and grab it, well she goes in her room and hides in the corner and sucks her paci. I told Brian she looks like she is a teenager hiding in a corner smoking the way she sucks the paci before I get to her. The other morning she got into the fridge when I was cooking breakfast. I found her a few minutes later in the "smoking corner" eating left over tortillas. It was so funny. She is truly a mess.


2 comments:

Kelly and Brent said...

You definitely have a little monster on your hands! I am sure I will have one soon enough. :)

Try to stay cool. It is miserable out there!

Katie Keel said...

Hey Mandy! I can't wait to see you and meet Madison. It has been way too long! Talk to you soon! xoxo Katie