Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

First Day of School... for 2

Tuesday marked another milestone. The kids started school, Carter's first day ever at school. It didn't go so well. He was not happy that I left him with complete strangers. I called Brian after and cried that I was a terrible mom. He pretty much cried the entire morning they said and he was stressed and exhausted when we picked him up. Tomorrow is probably going to be worse. I am dreading it. I just have to hope that he will get use to it and he will one day enjoy it. I know that it is good for him to be around other kids and learn to trust other adults. It just breaks my heart. Madison on the other hand is loving school. She does give me a little trouble in the mornings about wanting to stay home, but she loves it when she gets there.
Some Maddieisms:
1. Monday night, before school started. She started crying and said she thought she was going to throw up. She said "I think I am going to try to throw up in the morning and I won't be able to go to school tomorrow".
2. Over the past few months she has been acting like she can't hear what I am saying. I don't know if it is a 3 year old thing or she really has a hearing problem so I keep threatening to go to the ear doctor. Well I have the after affects of my pregnancy brain and I frequently can't seem to finish a sentence. Madison has become my translator and finishes them for me now. Last week we were sick and we all had to have strep test, where they put a tongue depressor in your mouth and swab your throat. So the other day I was telling her something and I didn't finish my sentence. She turned to me and said "If you can't remember what you are saying, maybe I need to take you to the doctor and she will put that stick down your throat so you can finish what you are saying." She told me.
Even though he can't talk, Carter is getting such a personality. So...
Carterisms:
He finally got Madison back. He bit the crap out of her arm, making her cry. I picked him up and said "no bite, no bite, tell your sister you are sorry" and he let out a laugh. I hate to say it, but kind of serves her right maybe she will leave him alone.

Sorry about the terrible pictures. I couldn't get a good one of either one of them.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

They look precious for thier first day of school. Ansley starts on Friday and I can't wait!!!! Carter will get better with it, but I think it is such a good thing for children under two to get use to being with people other then thier family. It really helped Ansley come out of her shell and made it much easier to leave her with sitters, or at church on Sunday mornings.

mandy welch said...

love the backpacks - hope Carters days are going better - cant wait to see you guys

Casey Kelly Nicholson said...

It was so great to see you guys last weekend!! You all look amazing. I can't believe it's been so long. It took me back to so many memories. I hope so much time doesn't come between us again. The kids are gorgeous!

Kelly and Brent said...

Poor Carter -- he just loves being with his momma! Mandy, before you know it he will be running to class and not looking back. It will be the best for him to be around other little ones. I find that Hailey is always with older kids because of Maddie. I hope to get her in a mother's morning out next year so she can be with kids her own age and break the separation anxiety once and for all :)