Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays to everyone. I am sorry to all of those who have complained about me not posting, we have been so busy. This is the first day back to normal for us. We had a great Christmas and New Year. We kicked off Christmas with the Hamricks. The girls had a great time opening presents, playing, and decorating cookies. The next night we spent with my extended family. We had a yummy dinner and it was fun to see every one. We spent Christmas Eve with Nana, Jase, Amber, Gaga, and Poppy. We went to church and then I made a big dinner and we got ready for Santa. Madison was so excited about Santa. We put out cookies and food for the reindeer. Christmas morning we got up and Madison was very "cool" about all of the toys. She didn't get too excited and then she perked up. I don't know if she thought Santa was still around or not. Her big present from Santa was a playhouse. It took "Santa" many weeks to build it for her and he did an amazing job. It is painted the same color as our house and even has hard wood floors! To say the least she LOVES it. It is so cute, she will go inside and tell you to ring the doorbell. She will then open the door and say "Welcome, please join me". She then starts pointing around her tiny house saying "If you need to use the potty it is down the hall, and the fireplace is right here, and here is your bed when you go nite-nite". She then proceeds to tell you to keep the door closed so the dogs won't get out. After Christmas Grandma and Pops came to visit. Santa (Pops) came to visit Madison again. She actually didn't break out into hysteria. She wouldn't touch him but it was better than last time. We finished off the holidays with Kim, Chris, and Emerson coming to visit. Carter and Emerson got to play some and of course, Madison was in heaven with the 2 babies. I posted a picture of the stool that Brian made for her and I painted. Good job Daddy, I think she liked it.

Carter had his 6 month appointment over the break. Time flies, I can't believe he is already half of a year old! He weighed 18lbs 68% and was 28 in long 89%. He LOVES baby food and would rather eat that than his bottle. We are through all of the veggies and starting on fruits. He is very interactive, babbling and smiling all the time. He laughs at pretty much anything Madison does. He has rolled over the opposite way (from stomach to back) but hasn't mastered it yet. He is sitting up better, but still needs a little assistance from the boppy. He wants to grab anything he gets his hands on and of course goes straight to his mouth. His funniest thing is when he is up in his crib he pushes the bumpers down and puts his face up to the side to see out of the crib, and if he spots you, he wants out. He is such a doll.

Brian and I had a date with Madison over the break. We took her bowling for the first time. I think she will be naturally good at it. She got a strike her first bowl. She beat me. We had a great time, thanks Uncle Chris for watching the babies! Madison got the Little Mermaid movie for Christmas. It was a favorite of mine and I thought she would enjoy it, well there is a part in the movie where she tells her Dad that she is not a child. The other day she was using the potty and Brian told her to wash her hands. She told him that she was not a child that she was a woman. Oh boy no more little mermaid for my little woman. Enjoy the pics in the next 5 post.























3 comments:

mandy welch said...

I love all the christmas pictures! what a fun holiday break! I can't believe how big riley is! Tell Maddie I can't wait to play at her house! miss you and love you the welchs

Kelly and Brent said...

Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Sounds like Madison and Carter were VERY good this year. Santa brought such a nice playhouse and many toys.

I can't believe how big Carter is getting. Wish we could have gotten together over the holidays but I know it was crazy for both us. Hope to meet Carter soon!

Anonymous said...

love all the pictures! it looks like you guys had a VERY merry christmas!!

joe's parents built the girls a playhouse in their backyard for the girls last year. they LOVE it!! so fun :)