Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A trip to the beach

I had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Me, my Mom, my Brother, and my Grandparents all headed to Fernadina Beach. We had a very relaxing time. I read 2 books in 4 days and SAT on the beach ALL day. I haven't done anything like that in 4 years. Thank you Mom it was a wonderful and much needed trip. Happy Birthday to you and Jase. I hope it was a good one!





On Sunday, Jase, Mom, and I took a ferry to Cumberland Island. What a cool place. It is a US National Park and you can only get there by boat. They don't allow vehicles (other than the rangers) so bikes are the only mode of transportation. We rented bikes and biked to deserted beaches. It was really weird to think what being on a deserted island might feel like. They have all kind of wildlife on the island. The coolest is the wild horses that roam. They are everywhere and aren't afraid of people. The island was once owned by the Carnagie family and a fire destroyed their beautiful mansion. The island was deserted and then given to the National Parks 20 years later. The island has many tales of interesting history. I hope that I can bring Brian back soon!








2 comments:

Emerson and Brooks said...

That is a beautiful picture of you, Mandy on the beach!!!! Love it- make sure you use that for Ellis Avery work.

Keri said...

Great pictures!!!