Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

It has been a busy month

We have had a very busy month and a half. I am sorry that I have not posted in so long. It is funny, I don't bother my kids nearly as much as I need to with my camera these days, since I have busy with Ellis Avery Photography (which is going great and keeping me super busy).
We have had a busy summer. Madison continued on with Camp All American and loved it. She had her final assembly and got the faithfulness and the love award. She played soccer and tumbling and did lots of Bible School crafts and stories. Madison also learned how to swim. She loved her swim lessons and has been swimming without floaties since the beginning of July. I am so amazed and proud of her. She has also spent a good part of the last few months on anitbiotics for strep that wouldn't go away. We knew that we were going to have to get her tonsils out but we ended up moving up the surgery because we couldn't get her well. She had her tonsils and adnoids out on August 2. We have had a rough (but as good to be expected) last couple of weeks. She did great at the hospital and is only on pain meds twice a day now. She was even able to start school back this last week (yes, their school started back Aug 3rd!!! Yay!). She really has been a trooper. It has been hard to see her in pain, but hopefullly this will be the end of the illnesses. I have also been amazed how much more sophisticated our conversations are getting. She is asking questions that are at a different level, especially about our faith and God, which is so cool. Along with this little adult that I have on my hands has come a DRAMA QUEEN that is sometimes unbearable.
Carter has also started to develop quite a personality. He is so cute I could just eat him up. He is really starting to talk and put together sentences. He also says things like "cool" and "awesome". He is starting to do more task on his own, like putting his dishes away or putting his dirty clothes in the hamper. He follows commands (when HE wants to) and is very proud of himself when accomplishes something, he screams "I did it". He is starting to show interest in potty training or maybe he just likes being naked, but when pees in his diaper he takes it off and says "wet". He loves to sit on the potty, but hasn't done anything yet. I am not pushing nor am I ready to potty train him yet. He and Madison play very well togther and for the most part get a long great. He is liking school and doing well with all of his arts and crafts and helping the teachers out.
Brian on the other hand is still trying to recover from the gallbladder that won't go away. If you remember back in Feburary he had his gallbladder removed after 6 weeks of misdiagnosis. He developed complications and ended up in the hospital a couple of times for a heamtoma the size of a baseball. Well he is still having pain from the heamatoma. We were at the hospital again on Wednesday. He had a CT scan done and the hematoma has gotten smaller, but it is still big. They went in through his ribs with a very large needle to try to drain some of it to relive some of the pressure he his feeling. They were only able to get 1/3 (about 15 cc) of what was in there. The clots were too big and kept clogging up the needle. They sent him home, with the hope that it will continue to reabsorb and that the little they got out would be enough to take the edge off. If it doesn't they will have to go in and surgically place a drain, a tube that will be stitched into his body and that will run into a bag that we will have to dump. This drain will be in for a couple weeks. Please pray for him that we do not have to go this route. I pray that this does the trick.
Hopefully, it won't be another month before I update again! I hope everyone has a great weekend and try to stay cool!







1 comment:

The Townsend Family said...

I love that she has "Bamboo" with her at the OR. My little sweetheart. xoxo