Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween. I can't believe that holiday is over and Thanksgiving is three weeks away. Where does the time go? The kids had a lot of fun trick or treating at Daddy's work and with The Hamrick clan. Carter is fun this year, he would pick a piece of candy and put it in his basket. A couple of times he would take out of his basket and put it back in the candy bowl. We had a busy weekend. We celebrated Riley's 4th birthday. They had a Halloween carnival and everyone dressed up. Madison had a great time.
On another note, Madison is really starting to express an interest in reading and learning her letters. She gets very excited when she gets something right. She loves playing dress up and pretending that she is a mommy, or a bride, or "pregment". She and Carter are actually starting to play together. She loves school and is learning so much. She asked me the other day "if we were going to get a new Christmas tree". I said "yes." She said "from where?" I said "the store". She said "Whew, I thought we were going to have to use the dead one from behind the fence". I thought about this for a minute confused and realized she was talking about our tree from last year that Brian did put in the woods behind our fence. She then said "and can we hang up our socks on the mantle". "Stockings", I replied. Too funny.
Carter is continuing to explode with personality. He is adored by his teachers at school for being such a cuddle bug, and he is. He loves to love on you. He is starting to understand directions and follows them when I tell him to do something. He isn't saying a whole lot , but he gets his point across clearly. He is starting to mimic Madison A LOT. Tonight she threw a fight because she didn't want to go to bed and he comes over and pretends to cry and yell too. I had to laugh.










1 comment:

Casey Kelly Nicholson said...

Love all the pictures! But especially the one of Madison and Brian. Too cute!