Friday, July 27, 2007
Vacation Bible School
To my loyal blog followers, I am so sorry that I haven't blogged at all this week. We have been so busy. Ellen, Katherine (a friend from bible study), and I taught 20 3-5 year olds in vacation bible school this week. I really enjoyed the challenge. We had a wonderful time, but I didn't realize how exhausting it would be to be a teacher. My highest regards to all educators. I came home beat everyday. Madison had the pleasure of playing in the nursery with Riley everyday this week. She did well and I think I had a harder time leaving her. It was good practice for school that starts in a month. Madison has been so fun this week. She started saying "love you" and yesterday morning I went to get her out of her crib and she said "morning daddy". She is trying so hard to talk in long sentences and some days I can understand her more than others. She definately gets her point across though. I feel like she is understanding me more and more. She responds to me when I ask her something. She also will walk to something that is mine, like my shoes and says "Mommy" and will walk to something of Brian's and says "Daddy" like his clothes that can't seem to make it to the laundry hamper and that are lying on the floor. She even does this to things like a fruit snack wrapper (I don't like fruit snacks but Brian does) and she associates it with Brian. She still surprises me everyday. Here is a picture of our wild VBS kids. I will miss them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Did you guys have the Avalanche Ranch theme? That's what we did this year...and your decorations seemed to fit that theme!
"Love you" is the best! I tell Addie that all day long, just so I can hear her say it back!
It was great seeing you last weekend. Hopefully, we can get together soon.
Is Maddie going to school in the fall? I don't think I knew that.
Post a Comment