Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 23, 2007

A much needed trip to the beach

We just got back from Florida and we are ready to go back. We had an amazing week. We went with Grandma and Pops Riley and Nana and Jase. Madison was much more fun this year. She LOVED the beach and the water. All week she said "beach and water" and would get so excited when we asked her if she wanted to go to the beach or go swimming. We had a great little house in a cute area, Seagrove Beach. We rented bikes and we got Maddie a bike trailer (a little cart that attaches to Brian's bike) which she called her wagon, and we rode to the next little town over a couple of times to get icecream. She ate more icecream this week than she has since she was born. We did have some excitement. I was standing on the beach talking to my mom who was in the water and I looked over to see a shark swimming towards her. It was only 2 feet from the shore, I yelled at her to get out and pretty much saved her life (haha). At the time it was very scary. Needless to say, we headed straight to the pool after that. We had a great time and can't wait to go back next year.

6 comments:

Ellen and John said...

I love the pictures. You did a great job!

Ellen

The Townsend Family said...

Absolutely gorgeous! She is stunning...like the rest of the extended family! :) So sad to have missed out.

Kate

rox said...

Mandy,

That was the NEATEST slideshow! I'm going to have to use that service for my blog!

Happy almost Monday!

Roxanne (Kim's friend)

Jennifer said...

Great Pictures! You captured some wonderful moments. Glad to hear you guys had a good time.
~Jennifer Mautz

Kelly and Brent said...

I love the slide show! What a great family picture. Glad you guys had a wonderful trip.

Hope to see you soon!

~Kelly

Jacki said...

This is great! It looks like you had a wonderful vacation. We missed you at HHI this year! Madison is so cute! I hope to see you soon!

Jacki