Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A trek across Tennessee.... to Aunt Kaitlin's wedding

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Townsend!!!
We headed to Tennessee two weekends ago. We stopped first in Knoxville to visit The Welch's and cheer on the Dawgs. Even though the dawgs lost, we had a good time. As always we had a blast, Mandy and I actually got to go to the game with the boys and the kids did great with a babysitter all day. On Friday when we got there Carter made his decision to start walking and hasn't stopped since. I thought that he was a handful before, but he trouble now. Madison was adorable and loved playing Mommy with baby Pierce. She held him most of the time we were there and feed him a lot of his bottles. One time Brian W. was changing him and Pierce started to cry and Madison says "Uncle Brian give him to me, I think he wants me". Too cute. I have Mother Madison on my hands.
We then headed to Nashville to spend the rest of the week with Grandma, Pops, Aunt Kate, Uncle Chris, Aunt Kim, and Emerson. It was so great to spend the week with them. Despite the cooler, rainy weather throughout the week, the wedding was beautiful and perfect. Brian was a groomsman, I was the Matron of Honor, and Madison was the flower girl. Madison did wonderful and exceeded my expectations. She practiced throwing her flowers down the hall in Grandma and Pops' house and did perfect walking down the aisle with the ring bearer throwing her flowers. She even threw them when we processed down the aisle when the ceremony was over. She also had a little crush on the ring bearer. They played and danced all night. You can see how tired she was, she fell asleep at the reception. Madison also had her first experience with the girls getting maicures and pedicures. She was so cute and sat still the whole time. She asked if we could go back and do it again soon.
I have to give a HUGE thank you to Nana, Jase, and Amber for getting us through this past weekend. We could NOT have done without you. Thank you to Grandma and Pops for everything. The wedding was everything and more that you had hoped for.



























1 comment:

Kelly and Brent said...

It looks like you guys had a great time in all parts of Tennessee. I can't believe Carter is on the go now...he wanted to wait for when the time was right. :) I love the pictures of Madison helping with the baby. I think she is telling you she wants another baby in the house. Ha!

Kaitlin's wedding looked beautiful and chilly! I can't believe how grown up Madison is! She is a mini-me of you!!! :)